31 Dec Now is the Time to Tell You This…
So, last night I had a crazy dream. My husband and I were in the car driving through some incredibly beautiful mountains. The next thing I know, the mountains drop from below us and we are flying in the sky. We are still strapped into the car, which in my dream is a convertible, and we are sailing slowly in the windy, beautiful, and peaceful air.
In my dream, part of me is scared, and part of me feels so at peace. I hold his hand and say, “I am so grateful for you. I love you. This has been such a wonderful life.”
As the car nears the ground, a space opens up for us in the huge bumper-to-bumper traffic. My husband lands our car perfectly, and we continue to drive.
What does it mean?
I am sure I am going to receive many dream interpretations today. However, I wanted to share with you my thoughts on what this all means to me.
First, I absolutely love my life. I am so grateful for my family, and I often feel like the luckiest woman in the world that I got to marry such an incredible loving man. He is so supportive, caring, trustworthy, smart, and handsome.
He is also the greatest listener. He allows me to share the joy I feel at the end of a day of working with parents and children. Of course, everyday is not perfect. There are those moments when I come home with tears in my eyes, because I had a challenging session, or I feel frustrated because I feel a little helpless. He just stands there and says, “I know it’s hard. But, you will figure out a way to reach that child. You always do.” (By the way, I never use the names of students, and always protect and respect a family’s anonymity).
The reason I am sharing this dream and story with you is because it reminded me of how important it is to say what is on my mind when I am feeling it. There is no reason to wait.
I am pretty amazed that I had this dream on the last day of 2015. It’s incredibly appropriate to remind myself to stop and think of what I am grateful for, right this moment, before we start another new year.
I am an optimist, and I often look for moments to see the bright side of situations and challenges. However, even I need reminding to stop what I am doing, be in the moment, and tell those around me how I am feeling.
So, that’s what I am going to do right this moment.
Here are 5 Things I Want You To Know:
- I am grateful for your strength and courage. I know that some days are more difficult than others, but as long as you keep putting one foot in front of the other, you can do this. Just get up out of bed in the morning, show up for your child, take a deep breath, and remember that you’ve got this. I believe in you. I always have, and I always will.
- I love the heck out my students and their families who I get to work with daily.
- I am incredibly grateful that technology has afforded me the privilege to connect with you and provide you with helpful strategies so that life can be a little bit easier for you and your family.
- It’s never too late to start helping your child. If you learn something new and you think your child will benefit from that strategy or technique, go for it. There is no time like the present, and this very moment is the perfect time to help him or her progress.
- I am grateful for your support, love, and encouragement over the years. 2016 will mark TEN YEARS since I started my company. I have met so many incredible families and teachers, laughed with you, and cried many tears by your side. You and your children have taught me some of my biggest life’s lessons. You have allowed me to teach you about autism, and you have given me the gift of allowing autism to educate me.
Today and every day, thank you.
Happy New Year to you and your family,
Please leave a comment below. What message do you want to leave for others right this moment?