09 Nov Preparing kids for Thanksgiving Break
Teachers, this Thanksgiving tip is for you! If you are a parent, be sure to pass this post along to your child’s teacher.
If you have a few tricks up your sleeve that could really help your students during their holiday-break this year, please share the tips with their families. This short break can seem like an eternity for some. So, if you could put together a mini packet, fun activities, or a list of games, you would definitely be doing a great service to the children you serve.
Here is some info that you can include in the packet that you send home:
- How do you get the child to sit during lunch and snack-time?
- What do you do when the child becomes overstimulated by too much noise?
- How often do you provide the child with movement breaks?
- What kind of activities can parents do with their child to encourage an understanding of Thanksgiving?
- What independent activities can families encourage their children to complete?
- Are there any educational websites that you recommend?
Let’s work together and help bridge the gap between home and school. Happy Thanksgiving!